Great meeting this past Monday night, our original presentation for the evening was postponed to a future date. We had a good discussion and presentation and discussion on the Beal buffing system. We ran through a brief video on the Beal buffing system, including set up and step by step run through, which we followed up with a review of the clubs Beal system located in the shop. If anyone would like to use the Beal buffing system on their work, we have a container with the buffing pads located in the base cabinet of the library case.
Next week we have Laguna Tools coming into the club for a live presentation, they will be bringing into the club four of their new lathes, along with a guest turner to demonstrate how to turn a pepper mill, it will be a fantastic night. Not to mention, it’s the first meeting of the month, we’ll be serving coffee and treats. Plan to attend early, check out the lathes, it will be a full evening. Thanks to Alain Lanteigne for setting up next week’s event.
- Tuesday night, Mike will be hosting the open shop night, 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Wednesday night, Denise will be hosting the other turning night, 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Thursday night, Chad will be hosting the open shop night, 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Shop clean up this Saturday, start time 10:00 am, if you can help out, please feel free to stop in
If anyone has any questions, please feel free to call, text or email.
Have a great week.
Great meeting last night, we had a terrific presentation from Ken Rude, the Canadian Vic Mar lathe and Carter & Son turning tools dealer. Ken brought a number of products to the club, including all of the Vic Mar lathe accessories (chucks & jaws), as well as, a number of turning tool chisels from the Carter & Son selection. Below are the links to Branches to Bowls (Ken’s web site) and the Carter & Son turning tools web site. Ken’s contact information is also listed below.
Ken Rude, telephone # 403-830-3049. Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Next week is Family day, there will be no meeting, we’ll start back on Monday February 24th with a guest speaker presentation on carving totem poles and birds.
Notice of by-law change to membership dues, effective immediately, membership dues are to be paid on or before January 1st of the membership year. If membership dues are not paid, individuals will not be permitted to use the shop. The reason for this change is due to insurance liability issues, the insurance company does not recognize individuals without a fully paid membership. If someone were to be injured in the shop without a fully paid membership, there would be no liability insurance available.
- Tuesday night, open shop night 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Wednesday night, Kub Kars program, shop closed
- Thursday night, open shop night 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Shop clean up scheduled for Saturday February 29th, start time 10:00 am
- Lottery money is due no later than Monday February 24th, please see Rick Sullivan
- We will have a table set up at the church this Monday February 17th for the Durham DIY showcase which will be located at the church hall, if you would like to participate, please contact Rick Sullivan, it’s an opportunity to showcase the club and the types of woodworking that we do
- Food drive, we have a donation target of 115 lbs per week for the next six weeks, our goal is one ton of food for the back door mission food drive, please bring your donations to the Monday night meetings, the drop off box is located at the entrance to the meeting area
If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to call, email or text.
Have a great week, see you on the 24th