Great meeting last night, we were fortunate to have the team from “We Grow Food” present their amazing program to the membership. We Grow Food is a not for profit organization that helps local communities create gardens in open spaces, which in turn donates all of the food grown to any member of the community. They also work with local youth to teach them the value of growing food in an open environment and giving back to the community.
The presentation to the membership was inspiring, the group from We Grow Food has requested a donation of the clubs time to help put together bench and chair kits that their teams can build on site, Calvin will be reaching out to membership looking for volunteers. If your interested in learning more, the web iswww.wegrowfood.org, their email is firstname.lastname@example.org, you can also call @ 905-439-2527, please feel free to tour their web site and communicate directly with them. Thank you to the ladies from We Grow Food for their time last night.
- Wednesday night, open turning night with Denis and Chris.
- Monday April 1, 2019 will be our Annual General Meeting, as well as our monthly coffee and treats night, please feel free to bring in treats and snacks.
- Vote on revised constitution and by-laws, attached are the updated versions
- Motion (Doug Ricketts), move to offer a two tier membership fee structure
- 2019 budget review, as well as, a review of the clubs five year plan
If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to call, text or email me anytime.
Have a great week,
President, Durham Woodworking Club