Fantastic meeting last night, great coffee & treats, followed by an awesome presentation from our Director of Community Relations, Calvin Perry.
Calvin and his team of volunteers (Bill Melnychuk, Margo McNab, William Spekkens, Gene Hutchinson, Greg Nevin, Wayne Peden, Neil Fickling, Pat Mawhinney) presented their prototype “Turtle Basking Net” to the membership last night, it was a well thought out prototype, which inthe end will benefit the CLOCA (Central Lake Ontario Conversation Authority) greatly with their turtle program. Special thanks to Calvin, who not only MC’d the presentation, but also invited several guest speakers from CLOCA to present their association, as well, Calvin also organized additional guest speakers to participate in the overall event. This was an amazing event, further highlighting the level of community support by the membership of the DWC. For those that could not attend last night, we will posted Calvin’s presentation on the club web site, as well, we’ll have links from CLOCA and hopefully a copy of their presentation for everyone to review.
Next Monday night, we will have a guest speaker from Sherwin Williams to discuss painting tips and products, so if you’ve had any questions regarding painting, next week will be a good meeting to attend.
- Wednesday night, turning with Denis and Chris, start time 6:00 pm
- Thursday afternoon, shop will be open from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm, hosted by Chad Shaw and the shop will be open from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm as an open shop night
- Chris Lapine advised the membership that next week the cheese slicers will be in, please plan to pick up any orders that you may have placed with Chris, please do forget to bring cash 🙂
- Clarington will be hosting their “Doors Open” event on Saturday June 8th, starting @ 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, additional details can be found @ www.doorsopenclarington.com.
- Wayne Pye will be heading to Guelph on the 15th of this month, he’ll be stopping by William Woodwrite to pick up pen supplies, if you are interested in having Wayne pick up an order for you, please call William Woodwrite and place your order, let them know that your order should be ready for pick up by the 15th. You’ll need to pay for your order directly to William Woodwrite.
- Roy Coe mentioned that his daughter was selling her King table saw, if you’re interested, please contact Roy directly.
- As well, William Munro is selling a jointer, planner and three routers, if your interested, please contact William directly
- Kade’s looking for additional wig stands, please bring finished wig stands to the club. If you’d like to learn how to turn a wig stand, please contact Kade directly.
If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to call, text or email.
Have a great week!
President, Durham Woodworking Club