Fun meeting last night, unfortunately our guest speaker cancelled at the last minute, so we improvised.
Calvin Perry reviewed the clubs next community project, we’re planning on building six benches for the “We Grow Food” organization. A couple of their team stopped by the club a few weeks ago to review their program, it was very interesting and touching to see the work that this organization does within our community. Leo Has has volunteered to donate some lumber, Calvin has asked the membership for donations of wood, please contact Calvin directly for additional information.
As well, Tom Moss is helping Calvin and the build committee, he has reached out directly to the “We Grow Food” group and they have identified a need for tools to help run their grow sites. Below is a list of items that the “We Grow Food” team would like in the way of donations, if you have spare items per the list below, please contact either Tom or Calvin to let them know.
List of items for donation
- battery operated hedge clippers
- battery operated leaf blower or one that sucks up and mulches
- sledge hammer
- rubber mallet
- battery operated skill saw
- screw drivers
- a tool box ( we have one but we would like to have one per garden)
- regular and needle nose pliers
- screwdriver bits for wood screws
Next Monday, there will not be a regular club meeting, as it’s the Victoria Day long weekend, we’ll start back up on May 27th, which will be the last meeting before the summer break.
Important notice, Wayne Pye will be organizing a deep clean of the shop, as well as a fresh coat of paint. The shop will be closed from June 10th to 14th, if the group gets done early, we’ll open the shop earlier than planned. If you’d like to help out, please contact Wayne Pye directly.
- Wednesday night, open turning night with Denis and Chris, start time 6:00 pm.
- Thursday night, library build night with Wayne Pye and team, don’t forget, Chad will keep the shop open from 3:00 pm to 6:30 pm for those that would like to work on a project.
- The Simcoe Street United Church will be holding a “Paint Night Fundraiser” with wine and cheese on Saturday May 25th, start time will be 7:00 pm
- Nova’s Ark will host an open house on Saturday May 26th, from 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
If anyone has any questions, please feel free to call, text or email me anytime.
Have a great couple of weeks!