Great meeting last night, we had a terrific presentation by Chris Lapine on dust masks. A number of the membership brought in their dust masks and we discussed the various advantages of each, Noel brought in his Trend dusk mask/face shield for show, great product, thanks Noel.
We’ll post Chris’ PowerPoint presentation on the club web site, in case anyone would like to review it, and we hope to have the full evenings discussion on our YouTube channel in the near future. Thanks Chris for another great presentation.
Tony Josevski passed along an ad for a new Trend Air Stealth face mask, if anyone is interested in purchasing, it’s sold by Peach Tree Woodworking Supply Inc, located in Georgia (US).
Next week, we’ll be bringing up a piece of equipment from the shop which has been exposed to water damage, and we’re going to demonstrate how to clean off the rust and protect the surface for the future, it should be another great evening.
Girls Inc. of Durham will be hosting a wine and cheese auction on Friday October 25th, we’ve been asked if members would like to donate auction items, if you would like to donate, please contact Calvin Perry. The details of the event will be posted on the club web site.
Thanks to everyone who voted on the club logo design, below is the winning submission. Now that we have a confirmation on the logo, we’ll be working on new DWC gear for everyone to purchase.
- Tuesday night, open shop night with Mike Kellar, 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
- Wednesday night, open turning night with Denis Lalonde and Chris Lapine, 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
- Thursday night, open shop night with Chad Shaw, 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
- Doors open program will be this Saturday, if you would like to bring friends and family through the shop, please feel free to stop by from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- I’ll be sending out a separate email with the latest club membership list with images, if Calvin hasn’t taken your photo, please be sure to contact Calvin to make arrangements.