Great meeting this evening, super presentation from Doug Ricketts on bandsaw safety. Doug reviewed all of the key aspects of running a bandsaw safely, as well as, the basics of setting up key components, including how to change and safely fold a blade for storage. Great feedback from the membership, a number of great tips and take-a-ways. Thank you Doug for a tremendous presentation.
Next Monday if the first meeting of the month, we’ll be serving coffee, please feel free to bring treats for the group. Our guest speaker for the evening will be Regional Chairman John Henry, bring lots of questions, John is an awesome guest speaker.
A couple of shop notes, the drum sander is up and running, moving forward all members wishing to use the drum sander will be required to take an orientation session before using the drum sander. The orientation course will greatly assist the club with future maintenance and keep the drum sander working for a longer period of time.
As well, if anyone notices any issues with broken or damaged equipment, please send an email to the club’s maintenance committee, the email address is email@example.com.
This Tuesday evening, Mike Kellar and team will be hosting the Kub Kars program, the shop will be closed from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm. If you’d like to help out, please contact Mike directly, it’s a great experience helping out.
- Open turning night, Wednesday with Denis Lalonde & Chris Lapine from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
- Open shop night, Thursday with Chad Shaw from 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
- Simcoe Street United Church fundraising program, email was sent to everyone last week, if you can help out, it would be great.
- Brooklin Carving show, March 14th at the Brooklin Community Center, information posted on our web site.
- Toronto Woodworking Show, February 7, 8 & 9th at the Toronto International Center, details will be posted on the clubs web site. If you can car pool, please let me know.
- Here’s a link to a wood turning app found by Wayne Whitehead, hit the link bellow to download
If anyone has any questions, please feel free to call, text or email me anytime.