Fantastic meeting last night, full house to see Wayne Peden discuss cabinetry, everything involved in the build to adding hardware and final finish options. Lots of great questions from the membership, both during the discussion and after the meeting. Wayne has volunteered (well, sort of, more like I volunteered him) to hold a seminar in the shop to show members the actual build process. We’re just firming up the date and will advise everyone as soon as it’s confirmed. We’re hoping that we can lock down a Saturday, so that everyone can make the seminar. Thank you to Wayne for the presentation and the additional seminar. We hope to have the discussion posted on YouTube shortly.
In memory of Mack Cameron, the club will be accepting donations that we will be using in the future to honour Mack. If you are interested, please speak with Paul Kidson and he will take care of the funds. Additionally, Mike Kellar had a great suggestion, when we set up the new library in the workshop, it will be named after Mack in his honour, Mack was the clubs first librarian.
- This Wednesday will be the open turning night, hosted by Denis and Chris from 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm, if you would like to turn or have any questions, please feel free to drop in.
- Reminder, last week I sent out the registration from the Oshawa Seniors Funspeil curing event, if you’re interested in submitting a team, complete the registration form and collect the entry fee.
- Early bird draw, if you pay your 2019 membership due before the end of November, you will be entered into a draw to win your membership fee, the draw will be held the first week of December.
- Calvin will be sending out notices to all of the members that offered to help out with the community projects, tentative meeting date will be Thursday November 1st.
- This Sunday the Toronto Woodworking Guild will be hosting Michael Hosaluk turning demonstration at Humber College, start time is 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, cost is $50 per person.
- If you have any plywood scraps, we can use them at the club, Wayne Pye will be building new racks on the wall using a cleat system and the scraps will come in handy.
- I had originally planned to discussed the constitution and by-laws next week, unfortunately, I need to push this out a week, so, we’ll be voting on the new constitution and by-laws on November 5th. If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations, please send them to me in writing prior to the meeting.
- Just a heads up, we are looking a group buy of cheese slicers for cheese boards, as well as, a potential group project build, we’ll notify everyone when the dates are set and the cost.