WOW, what a great night to end the year, we all had so much fun! Thank you to all of the members that brought holiday treats, the serving table was completely full of cookies, cakes and snacks, I’m told that all were healthy. The highlight of the night was Dan Alexanders hockey themed drink caddy, complete with a puck bottle openers, tissue dispenser and optional team logo which could be changed at a moment’s notice, depending on which bandwagon was rolling down the street.
Thank you to all of the participants in this year’s pen swap, what an amazing time. Everyone brought a great pen to swap with, but also had great stories about the pen kit or the material used to make the pen. Calvin was busy taking pictures, we’ll have those posted to the clubs web site.
Wayne Pye had a terrific idea, the club would like to collect everyone’s receipts from the following retailers, Canadian Tire, Home Depot, Lowes and Lee Valley. The purpose of collecting the receipts is to validate to each of the retailers that the DWC membership has some significant purchasing power, with that, we’re going to ask for donations from these retailers to support our club. We’re going to keep boxes in the shop that you can drop your original receipt or a photo copy, the receipts can be for any purchase, a fridge all the way down to a package of screws for a project. Great idea Wayne, thank you.
· Shop hours will remain the same this week, however, please note the following changes during the Christmas break, shop closed December 24th, 25th, 26th, 27th, open 28th. Shop closed December 31st, January 1st, 2nd, 3rd, open 4th. These updates will be available on the club calendar on our web site. The club will start back up again on January 7, 2019, 6:30 pm sharp.
· This Tuesday, open shop night with Mike and team, 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
· This Wednesday, open shop night for turning, hosted by Denis and Chris, 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
· This Thursday, open shop night with Chad, starting from 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm
· Chris Lapine will be hosting a live demonstration on Saturday January 12th, topic, “how to straighten a warped board”, there will be two secessions, one in the morning and one in the afternoon
· Chris will also be hosting a live demonstration on Saturday January 19th, project “heart shaped pendant with epoxy”, additional details at the first meeting of 2019, which is January 7th, 2019
· Calvin will be hosting a live demonstration on Intarsia, details will follow in the new year
If anyone has any questions, please feel free to call, text or email me anytime.
Merry Christmas everyone, have a safe and happy holiday season, we’ll see you in January.