Safety First – Fire exits and defibrillator
first meeting of the month – TREATS nite! Hope you guys at home had something tasty too… Let’s aim for a big turnout in April!
- Various methods to clean gum/sap off of blades
- Mats update – Chad Shaw, must prepay! Pay to Mike Beaton. They will be delivered to the church meeting room.
- Calvin – in good spirits, appreciates visitors, floor C5 at Oshawa hospital
- Church update – still waiting…
- We appreciate your support of the club throughout this difficult period., If you have any ideas for a new possible shop location, CONTACT anyone on the executive!
- Advertising through social media – we could do this – a club member who is familiar with kijiji and marketplace and CraigsList could help us with that!!!
Watch the DWC website and your emails for sign-ups for courses once the shop re-opens.
Chad Shaw – the BackDoorMission FOOD DRIVE will continue weekly. We met our one ton goal! Thanks to all for supporting this.
Door stops for the church/BackDoor Mission – they need ten.
BANDSAW BOXES with Guy May
concept is to start with a block of wood, draw on shape, cut it out, saw off back, find spot in grain to enter into with saw to cut the inside shape, cut out inner to be removed, , pieces re-assemble into the box. Using an 1/8 or 1/4 inch blade
Video shows the process “3 Easy-To-Build Band Saw Boxes”, on youtube. Rather than me fumble through trying to explain the steps, you should watch the video!!!
We had the video without audio, so Guy narrated, a ‘play by play’ of sorts!
Guy showed three different boxes with different shapes and details. Cherry, walnut, and plywood used.
Gallery, Show & Tell
Kade Bolger – Turned box of Roasted Ash and Tulip Poplar, shiny…tung oil
and a Chocolate Dip donut of Cherry with glaze…, also olive ash lidded bowl with purple heart finial, also a footed lidded bowl with finial
Doug Ricketts – two pens, one of of lignum vitae with no finish applied, only micro meshed to 8000 natural oily lutre of the wood comes through. Other one lignum vitae andeither bloodwood or snakewood, sanded to 8000 with micro mesh then pens plus oil/wax finish applied. Also showed a chunk of Lignum Vitae wood
Wayne Schroder – cane, roasted maple and walnut, turned and hand planed, engraved with dog’s names.
Next Meeting: 2023-03-13