Great meeting last night, we had a number of awesome gallery presentations from the membership, beautiful turned pieces and cutting boards. The highlight of the night was Andy Valliere’s enlarged pepper mill, a beautiful show piece and very functional. We all look forward to seeing more finished pieces from the membership.
We were all treated to a great presentation from Dale Coolidge on how to flatten a sharpening stone. Dale has a great deal of experience with sharpening skate blades, which has been the foundation for sharpening chisel blades. Dales demonstration focused on how to flatten and prepare the stone, part two of the demonstration will be next Monday night where he’ll take time to show the membership to actual tools and steps to sharpen a chisel. Thanks so much Dale for the first presentation, we’re all looking forward to round two.
· Wednesday night is open turning night, please feel free to come down to the shop and turn, Denis and Chris will be hosting and are more than happy to assist with any questions you may have turning.
· Pen swap registration is under way, if you’re interested in participating, please let me know.
· The Simcoe Street Unite Church will be hosting a Christmas Market on December 1st, open from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm. Lots of great crafts and food will be for sale.
· Chris will be placing his group buy order today tomorrow for the cheese slicers, if you’re interested, please contact Chris directly.
· Don McFarland has extended an invitation from Hearth Place for a luncheon this coming Tuesday December 11th, in support of Hearth Place. For those who have participated and turned wig stands or other projects for Hearth Place, you are welcome to attend, if you are interested, please contact Don.
· Ron Avery has two trees coming down next Monday, he’ll have plenty of wood to give away, if you’re interested, please contact Ron directly.
If I’ve missed anything, please feel free to text, email or call.
Have a great week.