Fun meeting last night, our guest speaker was a representative from the Soper Creek Wildlife Rescue. Nicole spoke about the how Soper Creek started and its current mission in the Durham Region, a very worthy cause. Calvin has set up a group to help Soper Creek with their “wish” list and Don McFarland donated a squirrel box, which will be used for nesting of the animals. If you’d like to volunteer with Calvin’s group, please contact Calvin directly.
Next week, we have a meeting scheduled on Remembrance Day, we have a guest speaker from “Branches to Bowls”. They are a distributor of Vic Mar lathes as well as, Carter turning tool, it should be a great evening.
Attached are two PDF files, the first is a good article on new motor technology which is starting to come to market regarding DVR motors, thank Margo for forwarding the article. The second PDF is a flyer from Markham Industrial in Pickering, they are having a one day sale on Wednesday, if your in the market for a new tool, definitely have a look at the flyer and be sure to mention that you’re with the DWC.
- Wednesday night, open turning night with Denis and Chris, 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Thursday night, open shop night with Chad, 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Volunteers are needed to help dismantle a partially built organ, we’re hoping to repurpose the wood for club projects, if you can help, please email Rob at your earliest convenience.
- Early bird draw will be on November 25th, if you pay your 2020 membership dues on or before this date, you will be entered in a draw to win back your membership dues. As a point of clarification, new members are eligible to participate, excluding the new member initiation fee.
- We’ll be holding elections at our next AGM which will be held on December 16th, all nominations must be submitted in writing to the executive on or before December 2nd. All nominations will require two signatures of current members in good standing. Additional details at the next club meeting.
- Trend Air Stealth Half Mask orders must be submitted no later than Friday November 8th, additional details to follow on a separate email.
If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to call, email or text.