Aside from the horrible weather this past Monday night, we had a terrific evening. Our guest speaker came with a truck load of awesome turning equipment, Ken Rude from Branches to Bowls spoke in great detail about the Vic Mark line of lathes and the line of Carter turning tools. A number of members left with smiles, as they were able to make purchases on the spot, congratulations to everyone and our thanks to Ken and Vern for making the drive from the Hamilton Woodworking show to our club meeting.
Next week, Kade Bolger will be sharing a demonstration on how to add colour to your projects. A while back, Kade brought in a beautiful pieces which he had coloured, Kade will be running through the steps he takes to colour his pieces. This will be a great evening.
Volunteers are needed to help dismantle a partially built pipe organ, we’re hoping to repurpose the wood for club projects, if you can help, please email Rob at your earliest convenience.
Doug Ricketts has a friend who is selling approximately two or three cherry burls. The number of burls and the amount for each burl still needs to be determined by Doug’s friend. If you are interested, please contact Doug directly via email (email address), please note, this will be on a first come first serve basis. Pick up details and dates will be confirmed by Doug.
- Tuesday night, open shop night with Rob, 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Wednesday night, open turning night with Denis and Chris, 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Thursday night, open shop night with Chad, 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Early bird draw will be on November 25th, if you pay your 2020 membership dues on or before this date, you will be entered in a draw to win back your membership dues. As a point of clarification, new members are eligible to participate, excluding the new member initiation fee.
- We’ll be holding elections at our next AGM which will be held on December 16th, all nominations must be submitted in writing to the executive on or before December 2nd. All nominations will require two signatures of current members in good standing. Additional details at the next club meeting.
If anyone has any questions, please feel free to call, email or text.
Have a great week.