Fantastic meeting last night, it was standing room only, great to see everyone. We were treated to an awesome router presentation by Don MacLean, Don reviewed a number of routing basics for the membership. We had full audience participation, there were a number of great questions from the membership, which generated a lot of information on the topic. Thank you Don for taking the time to put together a wonderful presentation.
John McDonald mentioned during the Q&A portion of Don’s presentation a specific YouTube channel to find interesting information, below is the link for Wood Work Web, specific for the router. This channel has a number of good clips to pull information.
Next week, will be our last club meeting for the season, as we’ll be breaking for Christmas. We’re going to have a holiday themed coffee night, please be sure to bring holiday treats for the group. As it’s our last meeting of the year, we’ll also be holding our first official Annual General Meeting. As well, Chris Lapine will be conducting a demonstration on the speed square, proper use, as well as multiple uses for the speed square. It should be a good discussion.
We are in need of volunteers to help take down a pipe organ, we have been asked by a family in Whitby, the husband passed away and the family needs our assistance. If you can help, please let me know.
Club holiday hours – No evening shop hours
Monday December 23rd, shop open 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Tuesday December 24th, shop open 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Wednesday December 25th, shop closed
Thursday December 26th, shop closed
Friday December 27th, shop open 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Monday December 30th, shop open 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Tuesday December 31st, shop open 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Wednesday January 1st, shop closed
Thursday January 2nd, shop open 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Friday January 3rd, shop open 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Monday January 6th, club meeting 6:30 pm
- The shop is in need of a clean-up, we’re looking for volunteers to come in on Saturday December 21st, start time 10:00 am, we should be done noon. If you can help, please let me know.
- Tuesday night, open shop night with Mike Kellar, 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Wednesday night, open turning night with Denis Lalonde and Chris Lapine, 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Thursday night, open shop night with Chad Shaw, 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Reminder, if you have ordered a Trend mask, please be sure to pay $40 (cash or cheque) at the next meeting.
If I’ve missed anything or if anyone has any questions, please feel free to call, text or email me anytime.
President – Durham Woodworking Club