Amazing evening last night, we had a tremendous presentation by Kade Bolger on wood staining and dyeing. Kade ran through all of the materials used and the process to colour and texture his pieces. Great topic and discussion by all, thank you to Kade for the presentation.
Chris Lapine had mentioned following Tim Yoder on YouTube, he was the gentleman who originally came up with the porcupine toothpick holder. His YouTube channel is woodturningwithtim1, I would definitely recommend having a look at his videos.
Next week’s topic will be on compressors and air tools, I’ll be reviewing the key notes on the different types of compressors and the air tools that we use in our home workshops. I would encourage the membership, if you use an air tool, bring it in and we’ll add it to the conversation.
I’ve attached a PDF file that was donated by Cecil Galpin for a bandsaw circle cutting jig, thank you Cecil.
Doug Ricketts has a friend who is selling approximately two or three cherry burls. The number of burls and the amount for each burl still needs to be determined by Doug’s friend. If you are interested, please contact Doug directly via email (address on membership list), please note, this will be on a first come first serve basis. Pick up details and dates will be confirmed by Doug.
- Tuesday night, open shop night with Mike Kellar, 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Wednesday night, open turning night with Denis Lalonde and Chris Lapine, 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Thursday night, open shop night with Chad, 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Early bird draw will be on November 25th, if you pay your 2020 membership dues on or before this date, you will be entered in a draw to win back your membership dues. As a point of clarification, new members are eligible to participate, excluding the new member initiation fee.
- We’ll be holding elections at our next AGM which will be held on December 16th, all nominations must be submitted in writing to the executive on or before December 9th. All nominations will require two signatures of current members in good standing. Additional details will follow via email.
If anyone has any questions, please feel free to call email or text.
Have a great week!